Just in time for Valentine's Day, this red-hued beauty is the perfect little love elixir sure to delight your palette and warm you to the core. Free of caffeine, dairy, and refined sugars, it's a delicious pick-me-up without the jittery after effects. Rooibos has a unique, naturally sweet, slightly floral taste that pairs perfectly with cinnamon and a touch of honey.
Perfect any time of day, rooibos is a rich tea with a host of health benefits, including:
- skin and hair health-boosting alpha hydroxy acid
- anti-inflammatory properties
- minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese
- digestive support, and more!
When I gave up coffee for a season, this was my go-to warm beverage. So simple and satisfying but without the caffeine commitment. Whip up this love latte for yourself or a friend and enjoy the remarkable flavors and health benefits of rooibos!
Makes 1 latte
- 1 cup (approx.) strongly brewed rooibos tea, using loose or bagged (amount depends on brewing method)
- 1/4-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, nut milk, or other milk of choice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1 scoop collagen peptides*
*collagen is a pivotal building block for healthy hair, skin, and nails, as well as an amazing supplement for intestinal health. My absolute favorite high quality grass fed collagen peptides are by Vital Proteins.
1. Using either tea bags, loose leaf rooibos with a tea diffuser, or a stove top espresso maker (my method), brew 1 cup of tea. You want it to be a little more concentrated. If using tea bags, brew 2. For loose leaf, pack in a little extra. With rooibos, a longer brew time yields more flavor. It doesn't get bitter like other teas.
2. Add brewed rooibos, coconut milk or other milk, cinnamon, honey, and collagen peptides (if using) to a blender and blend until creamy and ingredients are incorporated.
3. Pour into your favorite mug, sit back, relax, and enjoy!
This is such a simple little "treat" to make and the flavors are so unique and satisfying. Add to that the host of health benefits that rooibos offers, and you've got yourself a delectable hug in a mug experience. Make this (lightly) sweet tea for your sweet-ie! (ha!)
Let me know in the comments below what you think!
Love you a latte! ;)
Note: This post does contain affiliate links. The sole purpose is to help you find quality ingredients easily and take out some of the guess work. It is my hope that your experiences in the kitchen are free of stress and frustration, and this is my way of helping you get there. I also never advocate for anything that I don't 100% believe to be a quality item.