Who am I? Where am I from? And what the kale is a nutritional therapy practitioner? All that and more, answered here!
Hi there! My name is Ashley Castle. I'm a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) and lover of real, wholesome, nutrient dense foods. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
Growing up in Northwest Missouri, I was always intrigued by the labels on cereal boxes and any other boxed, processed frankenfoods that many of us were raised on. I didn't know exactly what those labels were telling me, but I found them intriguing to read, nonetheless.
Fast forward to my college years, where I maintained an interest in "nutrition," or what I thought it to be (i.e. buying the whole wheat brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts instead of the regular), while primarily studying Spanish and secretly wishing I could stay in school forever (what can I say? I love to learn and wanted to study ALL the things).
After college, I married a military man, moved to Kansas, and was faced with the great big unknown of "what next?", coupled with the quintessential life questions of "what am I doing with myself?" and "what do I really want?" Through my daily forays and dabbles in the kitchen, I began to hone in on that ever curious nutritional voice in my head. After discovering that I too had fallen prey to the autoimmune disease monster that plagues my family (My body chose the thyroid. Rock those genes!), I began taking a deeper and more intensive look at what nourishing my body really meant. I spent some time utilizing the AIP (autoimmune paleo) diet to hone in on my food intolerances and sensitivities and give my body time to heal.
This ongoing journey is what led me to Nutritional Therapy. Many are left stuck in an endless loop of doctor's visits, no answers, and continued health issues. With nutritional therapy, my goal and passion is to empower you to eat well and eat right for your body's unique needs. I don't believe in "everything in moderation," but rather to mindfully moderate the things that do or don't work for you and your overall well-being. You can learn more about nutritional therapy here.
A few fast fun facts about me:
- We are currently living in Colorado and LOVING the fresh air and mountain views (DEFINITELY not in Kansas anymore, Toto!)
- We move every few years for my husband's job, and some of the very first connections I love to make in a new place are with the local farmers.
- I have an insanely adorable mauxie dog (mini dachshund/Maltese mix) named Loca. She is the true epitome of her name, adds so much light and love to our lives, and makes me a better human every day (you'll find her all over my Instagram. You're welcome).
- I love alliteration and an abundance of verbiage. You'll see that a lot here.
- Growing up, I always wanted to be an astronaut (that dream never truly died). The closest I got was Space Camp, and it. Was. AWESOME (still have the t-shirt). I will forever love soaking up the beauty of the night sky and daydreaming (nightdreaming?) of taking a trip to outer space.
- I enjoy traveling and exploring new cities, generally starting with the best/quirkiest coffee shops.
- Most things turn into a song in my brain. There is ALWAYS music going on up in my head space.
- If I had to choose between beach or mountains, I'd pick both, simultaneously.
- I am a master at Catch Phrase.
- I love people (that's YOU!). Living, laughing, learning, and growing together. I love connecting and encouraging people to be their best, healthiest selves, and generally just "doing life" and being in community with others. My hope is that you are truly able to sense that here in my little slice of the worldwide web.
I look forward to connecting with you, working with you, and just walking through this whole life thing together.
In loving health,